Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I WAS robbed

OKOK so sorry for the confusion. I am now going to tell the story from beginning to end.

Ok, I was in a bar with three other gals and a guy came up who was ¨friends¨with the girl in the picture if you will scroll down a little to my original entry about how I was robbed (he´s also in the picture). She only knew him from talking to him in another bar on another night so we were a little wary anyway.

Ok, then we went to another bar to dance a little and we put our purses literally two feet away from us on a table underneath my jacket. That guy just sat there the whole time not dancing----this is not a normal mexican man thing to do but he´s Colombian so we didn´t really think so much of it. Then, he left.

Then, we left. Then, I picked up my purse to leave and noticed that it was left unzipped, something I don´t do. So... I searched and searched but couldn´t find my wallet but my camara was still there.

Then, I called my mom (um...it was 3:30 am but I knew I should try to get that card canceled asap and boy is she ever on the ball with stuff!).

Then, we went home. The funny thing is we got a ride with these two guys (and don´t freak out that they´re strangers because it´s the exact same thing as getting in the car with the taxi driver-except the boys we were with were obviously upper class and less likely to kidnapp us--also I told them that if they tried anything malo I would cut their throats.....maybe that´s why they never called us....:) ha ha). Anyway, when we got to the house they told us they were sixteen! Can you believe it! Then I wasn´t afraid at all....I just kept thinking god, they were 13 when I was 17!! ha ha that´s hilarious. Liz Harman would think that was the funnist thing ever...
( I wanted to put a picture up but the computer doesn´t want to)

Then, the next day I told everyone I was robbed and everyone felt sorry for me. Then, I was telling Chris on the phone that I was robbed and someone who worked with the foreign kids (that´s us) passed me and told me that the bar found a wallet in the bathroom. I ws sooo embarrased as you know and I told everyone the ¨truth.¨

THEN, I went to the bar to get it and the owner or waiter or whoever that guy was told me that they found it outside of the men´s bathroom window. And there you have it. That guy went into the bathroom with my wallet, took the cash (about $40) and threw it out of the window. Now I have all my stuff back (including my canceled debit card) but I have almost no money.

It´s okay though because I have experience counting pennies on trips----remember the Grand Canyon anyone????????

1 comment:

*MP* said...

Hey! You're still allowed to blog when you're in the US. Tell us more. And post pictures.