Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Oh America

I guess I am naive. I forgot that strange men on the street are the same anywhere in the world....Bloomington may be an exception. Today I was walking in downtown Indy thinking how strange yet nice it was that no one was staring, honking or whistling at me when I made eye contact with two strange men. First they just talked about me to one another. Then they told me I looked nice. I said thank you. Then they asked if I wanted some Absolute. I politely declined.

Men are creepy. But funny!

Today I did a LOT of laundry so I have lots of clothes to wear. I also met up with two friends and chatted for awhile. Oh the summer is so interesting. I don't have to do anything else so maybe I will search for job prospects for when school starts or something more exciteng....like practice the salsa in the mirror in my room which was my other activity for the day...for about 2 hours. Yeah, I'm pretty dedicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Amy they are not the same everywhere. In Long Beach and West Hollywood anyway they do that kind of thing to me, and would never notice you.

One interesting side effect of that is that I have heard more than a couple women "complain" about not being noticed in the smae ways they usually get noticed. I guess all you can say is that people are interesting all over the world.