Monday, June 27, 2005

Two weeks later....

ok, first I´d like to apoligize for taking sooo long to post! Don´t think it means that nothing has been going on. It´s been quite the opposite, in fact. First of all, we went to Oaxaca, the cutest little town ever and we saw some ruins there (very cool) and Friday night I went to the gay bar with Priscilla, Amaranta (oh yeah, she´s my new Mexican friend who is totally sweet and funny), Adam from Ball State U, Cheree, and John. We danced until we could dance no more then we ate tostadas from a street vender even though we´re not supposed to do that and it was super super fun! I have diarheah (sp?) so matter what precautions I take so I have chosen to just live and eat.

Anyway, after Oaxaca the fun didn´t stop. I got sick. REALLY REALLY sick. I had a fever and the chills and of course diahreah and I was so weak I coudn´t do hardly anything. So... I got on the Ruta (the bus) and I dragged my butt to the doctor here and she gave me some antibiotics and told me she though i had salmonilla (sp?) poisioning and that i needed to drag my butt to the lab to get some blood drawn. So I went and I had nothing so I stopped the antibiotics. My friend john ended up having a lot of the same symptoms so I figure we had the same thing. We ate sprouts like idiots when we were in this town called Puebla. We were sitting in a big beautiful mall and it was hard to remember not to eat sprouts when there are no limping dogs at your feet or venders coming to the tables trying to sell stuff. I swear it was like being in Castleton. Oh well, I´ve paid.

Anyway, a few days later we (Amaranta, Priscilla, Jennifer and Amaranta´s friend Roman and another friend Justin) all went to a ¨disco¨called Mambo Café. Oh it was sooo much fun! I am not the best at Salsa but we went and danced to a LIVE salsa band from Colombia until 5:00AM! I have never ever done that before. That night we stayed at Amaranta´s and slept pretty late then I went to my test. HA HA eat that! I stayed out til 5 on test day. I´m crazy. Actually I think I did ok though.

So now, we only have two weeks left and we are hustling with school and trying to fit in everything that we wanted to do. So far this is what I have left:
*buy a cookbook
*buy some pirated music
*figure out a way to get all my pottery home without breaking it
*visit el palacio de Hernan Cortés
*go to Amaranta´s house to cook a big meal (that´s this wednesday)
*buy some more earrings

I think that´s it but among there I guess I should include the fact that I have finals and stuff. Lo que sea. okok, so that´s a pretty good wrap up of what I´ve been up to. POST TO ME. I´m coming home soon. Chris hang in there corazón. Te amo.

2 comments:

*MP* said...

Glad to see you're back and in action. Sorry 'bout the diarrhea. You're quite the trooper.

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to communicate. Your dad set it up for me. Papa and I have been helping with the door restoration project. We always woonder what you're doing. Love, Nana