Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Neighbors and Grumbles

Yesterday was our first day of school and how fun! I have three classes, one from 11am-12pm and one from 3-7 which has a ten minute break in between to switch up the teachers. All my teachers are great and for the long class there are only 5 students! I think I´m going to learn a lot.

So... the day went fine but I started to get e little restless and feel a little groady (gross) during my long class and attributed it to the hard chairs and relentless heat of the afternoon.

Ok, so on the way home from school my roomate and I passed by a neighbors house (in the ¨gated¨community that we live in) and they were having a party. They waved to us so we (mostly I) waved back and kept walking. Normal, right? Then, two guys came out of the yard and asked us to come in and talk for awhile. Not normal for u.s. girls. We decided it couldn´t be that bad, so we went in. It felt like everyone was staring at us! All the guys wanted to talk to us even though we were so nervous we could barely speak spanish. The funny thing is, Priscilla is Mexican so everyone thinks I´m just her little white friend- but we´re both just dumb. Anyway, Priscilla does know more about the culture than me-the music, food and stuff so I feel a little better in her company. Anyway, after they started joking about throwing us in the pool and the guy who was talking to me said he sold car radios, cd players,t.v.s and other easily transportable things we decided it was time to leave.

Anyway, it was fine but we´ve decided to steer clear of #13 from now on.


Also, when we got home our dad asked us if we wanted to watch the training video for his new whitening machine (he´s a dentist). The funny thing was, the whole family watched it and the girls didn´t even complain. I think it´s normal to do everything as a family- even watch videos about work!

Ok though, after the video and tortilla soup for dinner I really started to feel worse than before. I went to bed with a relentless grumble in my tummy and I didn´t sleep very well at all- though I didn´t get up and walk around for fear of the ghost. In the morning after breakfast it hit me full blast. I had the ¨craps¨. I spent the morning in the bathroom and made my roomate go ask for more toilet paper. It was terrible. mom, I know you said to just let the bug pass but I just had to take some medicine after like four hours of that. I feel a little better now and I´m hoping the cramps aren´t too bad during my 4 hour class. speaking of.. I better go to class now. Bye!

3 comments:

*MP* said...

In Niger, we called it "explosive di-O-rrhea." I only had it once, so there's hope for you. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the medicine is the only way to slow it down...but get as much out of your system as you can stand. Hope you're better today. Drink lots and lots of BOTTLED WATER.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy. I miss you so much here. Yeah, make sure to drink a lot of BOTTLED water. I hope that everything's going well. Know that youre on my mind most of the time :)
Much Love,
John